Fraternal Order of Noobs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic and GG Mf Sorc Builds

3 posters

Go down

Basic and GG Mf Sorc Builds Empty Basic and GG Mf Sorc Builds

Post  honan3 Thu May 29, 2008 10:31 pm

ok ill run you through what you will need for a basic mf sorc for starters

items you will need are:

shako - any def since you will not be mfing past act 3 hell

wartravs - for the added MF

2X nagels - prefferably above 19 mf AT LEAST lol

chances or Mages - i preffer mages for the simple fact of fcr

Gwrap - if you cant get arachnids even tho it had G/F

Nigma - self explanitory

5-7% mf small charms

when you have this basic sorc all built and ready to go you should have around 400 mf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now for the PRO MF SORC
you will need a 6x IST SWORD= 180 mf alone!

4 IST monarch=100 MF ALONE!!

140 def shako with IST
15X 7% mf small charms

Mage fists . NOT chances you dont want ANY gold find

wartravs - for mf

6 skill grand charms of your choosing

anni/torch
1x dwarfstar/1x raven - you dont want nagels for mfin hell chaos,you wont survive on a sorc there

and for flip weapons

i suggest at MINIMUM a 5 bo cta and lidless

one thing about both of these sets is you DO NOT want gheeds being that gheeds has gold find
honan3
honan3

Back to top Go down

Basic and GG Mf Sorc Builds Empty Re: Basic and GG Mf Sorc Builds

Post  OniNeko Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:27 pm

Gold find does not override chance to find magic items. It simply increases the amount of gold that drops when it drops. Don't be afraid to use it, since an increase in gold find can mean more gambling! Also, Gheeds will drop the price of gambling (-10-15% vendor prices), and get an Edge runeword bow if you like gambling as well... it lowers prices too!

Den's build is what I use (except on an es/orb sorceress)

Helm: Ist'd Shako
Armor: Ist'd Tal Plate
Ammy: Tal Ammy
Rings: 2x 30mf Nagelrings
Gloves: 40% Chance Guards
Boots: 43% (not perf yet -_-) Wartravs
Belt: 15% Tal Belt

Tal Armor gives 88% mf on its own, and can be ptopaz'd or ist'd (depending on whether you're filthy rich enough to WANT the extra 1 point of mf). When three pieces of Tal come together they give an additional 65%, and quite respectable resistance... especially when you're doing your best to load your character down with magic find!

The point is worth making that if you ARE still worried about gold find and get rid of your gold find items, you end up sacrificing a maximum of 80mf, which ultimately isn't a whole lot. However, I decided if I was going to use Ists for an extra 2 points of mf over ptopazes in my Shako and Tal plate, I might as well load it up!

This build is very survivable, even without an energy shield. However, if you plan to use energy shield I could recommend a good insight runeword on an A2 norm combat mercenary. His high level prayer will double up with his meditation aura, so you regenerate your lost health AND mana very quickly.
OniNeko
OniNeko

Back to top Go down

Post  sytek Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Very good guides tyvm oni, one thing however in your first post you say "you will need a 6x IST SWORD= 180 mf alone!" and when I went to skool 6 x 25 = 150 not 180. Just pulling yer leg bro, edit that and this guide like dens is golden. Also if I remember correctly on dens mf sorc build he used 3 tals parts, the armour, belt, and ammy for the added mf bonus boast of those 3 items. You might want to try that.

For those of you that read this that don't know who den is, he is perhaps the godliest person that ever logged on to bnet. Not just because he could do anything he set his mind to and do it better then anyone hands down, but also because he was the nicest person that you could ever meet. In real life or on the internet. For example you couldn't ask him what a nl infinity would cost because he would give you a godly one, maybe even off one of his working characters. Anyone that ever knew den sadly misses him as he was the best person anyone could ever know. He handed over his clan to two people and it wasn't long before that clan fell apart. Where ever he is and whatever he's doing now be sure he is still setting a example of how people should lives their lives.
sytek
sytek
Admin

https://clanfon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OniNeko Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:58 pm

sytek wrote:when I went to skool 6 x 25 = 150 not 180.

You're right. But 6 x 30 = 180. Ist gives 30 mf in weapons. Razz
OniNeko
OniNeko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum