I went to the doc and found out I have a month to live.

Go down

I went to the doc and found out I have a month to live.

Post  sytek on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:16 am

I went to the doc and found out I have a month to live. He gave me a prescription and told me that I would have to take one pill a day for the rest of my life. When I took it to my pharmacy they gave me a bottle of 30 pills with no refill ..................

Ok, that was a joke, haha. Seriously tho a few of you know that starting a couple of weeks before Christmas I was having some health issues that didn't seem to be getting better. I found out that on top of two things that where definitely wrong I also have two other possible conditions that might prove very serious indeed.

First the two we now know about. I had a bad flu bug that hit me hard. On top of that I still have a very acute sinus infection. Currently I'm taking a heavy duty anti-body to fight the infection, which makes me a little loopy(altho how can u tell as loopy as I am normally) I'm over the flu and I should be over the sinus infection sometime next week. Then I'm be starting a new anti-smoking drug that also might make me loopier for about a month, time will tell. After that I should be back to my normal self (whatever the fork normal is for me).

Now on to the other two conditions, I won't try to spell them as I can only pronounce one of them. With both I need a MRI to accurately diagnose them. Some things I have known and know more about now. With the one that let's say isn't as serious if left untreated I will be paralyzed from the waist down and be wearing depends 24/7. In short nursing home time for sytek. Do they have D2 in nursing homes yet? However if they catch it in time and I can find a way to pay the very large bill that would come with micro surgery I have a 95% chance of not getting any worse then I am when/if they preform said same surgery. With a 5% chance of winding up in a wheel chair wearing depends. This is ofc not counting the risk of going under for the surgery.

The last condition I have I went through before back in dec of 03. Which if caught in time has a whooping 5% survival rate. My doctor informed me that I beat the odds once and while I still have the same chance this time, not to not count on beating those odds a second time. Both of these conditions he gives a six month or less guesstimation on. He also said that if I do nothing then it's a sure bet that they'll be measuring me for a pine box. Not being able to pin it down any closer till I have the MRI. Which I'll be working on getting asap. At this point I don't know if I'm looking at double major surgery, two separate major surgeries, or if it's even worth while to extend my life. Like my straight shooting doctor said tho it's time to shit or get off the pot.

My intent in making this post isn't for sympathy, pity, or special treatment. It's merely to inform you all what's going on so we as a clan can make plans as to what happens to FON either if I am unable to lead or if I take the long dirt nap. This clan belongs to all FON clannies and I would like to think that it won't die with me but live on as long as enough people are logging onto battle net to make the game viable. Then again there is always D3 if it ever comes out. So this is what I'm asking of all of you, what if anything do you want to do about this? I have in mind someone I would like to see lead but I don't think he'll do it nor will I force leadership on him. This is just in case as even tho I'm two to four times older then most of you I just might out live you all muahahahahaha.

Please forgive any type-0s or grammar errors as this was a difficult topic to wright.

_________________

Sytek,
Grand Poobah Noob; the biggest noob on Bnet
avatar
sytek
Admin

Posts : 146
Join date : 2008-05-09

View user profile http://clanfon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I went to the doc and found out I have a month to live.

Post  necropenguins on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:15 pm

your joke was not funny, and i have it in my right mind to drive to ohio and smack u...
now that i got the violence out of the way, i think all you should worry about is getting better. dont stress over the clan, ur clannies luv u and will support you. you have a strong clan, full of honest good people. if u take a dirt nap, i dunno if i can play anymore. is it hard to book an mri in the us? if it is u should come mooch off our medicare system, maria has family in ontario?
i hope you're feeling better now that the flu is out of you, and dont fret over being loopy, its fun to be loopy and to play with someone as nuts as i am.
talk to u soon hopefully, be healthy.

necropenguins

Posts : 66
Join date : 2008-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I went to the doc and found out I have a month to live.

Post  honan3 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:44 am

if you dont go i will PERSONALY drive there and beat your ass for not goin and getting this shit taken cae of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
take kels advise and go to canada.. i heard they have the best health care anyway over the us...
not to mention THE US IS IN THE MIDDLE of a RECESSION and pretty much broke
avatar
honan3

Posts : 95
Join date : 2008-05-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

not funnyż

Post  sytek on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Kel deer, life is nothing to be serious about because no1 lives thru it. If you take my jokes away from me what would I be???

No worries I'll get the MRI asap but what I think both you and jer are missing it really won't change things, it will just to be to give my doctor a better idea on a time table. It also doesn't matter what country I'm in. Because no matter how good a surgeon is my odds of surviving the 2nd condition I spoke about are STILL 5% IF they get me on the table in time. What I didn't say is the odds for that to happen are so close to zero it's not worth mentioning.

Other things complicate me moving to Canada for treatment. My wife and son are still German citizens. I have a couple of months to go b4 they can get their 10 yr green cards. So at this time we can't leave this country even if it would do any good.

People plz I love you all like family but there is NO magic bullet it's time to make final plans, say our last fare thee wells and for you all to move on with your lives. Don't get me wrong there is a slight and I say slight chance I might live through this but the odds are not with me. So I'm asking you to please not make this any harder on me then it already is. Accept Gods will and help me at least make sure all of you are taken care of in the event that my time is short PLEASE!

In closing all I can say is that those that care about me and "made" me go to my doctor have asked for this. Twisted Evil

_________________

Sytek,
Grand Poobah Noob; the biggest noob on Bnet
avatar
sytek
Admin

Posts : 146
Join date : 2008-05-09

View user profile http://clanfon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

news up date

Post  sytek on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:38 am

OK I have had a MRI and a CT scan. The MRI was for the first condition and the CT scan was for the second. My doctor has the results of both tests and while I don't know for sure what if anything can or will be done I might have a little better idea of what's going on. Because a member of his nursing staff has called me and given me some news. Please forgive me if I don't attempt to spell either of these two major conditions yet. Maybe I'll look up the exact spelling and post them here.

As far as the first condition goes it turns out it wasn't what the doctor feared it was but might be something close to it. Before talking to my doctor about I don't what if anything can be done or if it will in time paralyze me from the waist down. To me it sounds like something similar but not as bad, once again I won't know until I see my doctor.

As far as the second condition goes as of the CT scan it doesn't seem to be flaring up at this time. Which doesn't mean I'm totally out of the woods as I'm still living on borrowed time and I can still go at any moment. Although from the news I just got today it seems unlikely that my doctors prediction of six months or less still holds true. I will know more once I talk to my doctor, maybe some time next week.

I am walking a little better and only need a cane if I have to walk long distances. Said distance being relative though. A long distance for me is anything over say a block, when just last year it was a mile or more. lmao If I go to any super store u can find me riding around in one of those electric carts. I am still hoping to get back into good enough shape to be able to foot launch paragliding this spring. Time will tell.

_________________

Sytek,
Grand Poobah Noob; the biggest noob on Bnet
avatar
sytek
Admin

Posts : 146
Join date : 2008-05-09

View user profile http://clanfon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I went to the doc and found out I have a month to live.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum